Water testing is a broad description for various procedures used to analyse water quality.
Testing may be performed to evaluate:
- Ambient or Environmental Water Quality: The ability of a surface water body to support aquatic life as an ecosystem.
- Wastewater: Characteristics of polluted water (domestic sewage or industrial waste) before treatment or after treatment
- Raw Water Quality: Characteristics of a water source prior to treatment for domestic consumption (drinking water).
- "Finished" Water Quality: Water treated at a municipal water purification plant.
- Suitability of Water for Industrial uses such as Laboratory use, Manufacturing or Equipment Cooling.
PLP supplies the Hach and Radiometer Analytical range of instrumentation and test kits to perform the various tests listed above.